When you don’t have yeast, you are limited to what kinds of bread you can bake. Enter…Beer Bread!
- 3 Cups Flour (Sifted)
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Can Beer (12 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Mix dry ingredients and beer
- Pour into greased loaf pan
- Pour melted butter over mixture
- Bake 1 hour, remove from pan, and cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
This is such a simple recipe, and it is so delicious. I’ve made it with Budweiser, Bud Light, Guinness, Busch Light, Miller High Life. It doesn’t matter what brand of beer you have, it always tastes and smells delicious!
20 April 2020 – Updated the recipe to only 1/4 cup of butter. It works just the same, and is less greasy this way.