Lemon Squares are delicious, but some people just don’t like that much lemon. Enter the Lemon-Blackberry Bar. My old boss made these for me when I came back to work after my maternity leave, and they have become one of my favourites. These are simple to make, and oh-so delish!
- 10 oz. Jar Lemon Curd
- 10 oz. Jar Blackberry Jam
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat Oven to 375 F
- Cream butter, then add flour, sugar, and baking soda, mixing to coarse crumbs
- Pat 2/3 mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 pan and bake 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly
- Mix lemon curd and blackberry jam to your preferred taste, using about 10 oz total
- Spread mixture over base layer and crumble remaining flour mixture over the top
- Lower oven temperature to 350 F and bake bars 25 minutes, or until lightly browned
These are such a quick and easy bar to make. I have never made them the same way twice, either. I always play around with the lemon and blackberry mixture. I’ve done 2/3 lemon to 1/3 blackberry, half and half, 3/4 blackberry to 1/4 lemon, etc. The sweetness of the blackberry jam really offsets the sourness of the lemon, and there is such a great balance between the two.