I know, I know…there are tons of these recipes going around. Well, here’s my take on it!
- White Cake Mix (and its required ingredients)
- Strawberry Jello
- Strawberry Glaze
- Cool Whip
- Make the cake according to the directions on the box
- While the cake is baking, slice your strawberries
- After taking the cake out of the oven to cool, use a straw or fork and poke holes all over the cake
- Make the jello, and pour over the cake while it is still cooling
- Let cake finish cooling, then cover with strawberries and glaze
- Place cake in refrigerator to set for about an hour
- Cover with Cool Whip
- Keep refrigerated until serving
This is such an easy recipe to make, and I don’t know why it took so long for me to try it. I actually made this extremely patriotic for the 4th of July, and used blueberries and thinly slices strawberries to create a flag on top. It was a huge hit at our party.
You can change this up, and use chocolate cake or different flavoured jellos, if you really want. My FIL’s sister brought a chocolate-cherry poke cake; she did not put any whipped cream on top, but if she would have, it would have been just like a black forest cake!